Sunday, August 30, 2009

Just a few more days to go...

Well, I have not blogged much over the past couple of months. My plan at the beginning was to blog at least once/week but honestly, after a while, I didn't feel like I had anything to say. Plus, the summer was so busy and so fun and I just didn't take the time away from those fun things to blog.

I had a goal at the beginning of this challenge to develop a pattern that I feel like I could stick with. This means not too extreme or too lax. I will not ever be able to stick with a plan that includes hours per day every day of exercise. It just isn't realistic for me. Although I know that this is a competition with a set beginning and a set end, during which time you should accomplish as much as possible, I had a different goal...to establish that which I could stick with. Some days, I had planned to exercise and it just didn't happen. Some days, I had all my food planned and it all fell apart at some point. But...most days, I did exercise and most days I did eat what I had planned.

My family has been immensely supportive and I appreciate my husband so much for being supportive when I would leave the house so many times each week at night to go exercise. I also appreciate my son being pretty much the coolest kid on earth, though he can't understand, at his age, how much it means to me when he says, "It's okay Mom, I know you need to go work out".

I also appreciate my trainer, Heidi, who has been so supportive even when I've been in a really foul mood! Heidi is an amazing girl who has a great career and life ahead of her. I'm thankful she has been my trainer. She is not only a great trainer, she is also a very kind and caring person. I have enjoyed our conversations during my workouts and I have enjoyed learning more about fitness and how to use the workout equipment at the gym!

We have nine more days before the anticipated/dreaded weigh out. I am determined to give it my all during those days. To keep myself on track, I have also, at the urging of my friend Stacy, signed up for a 1/2 marathon in November. I think it will be good for me to have another goal on the horizon once this 100 days ends.

I am thankful to have been chosen to participate in this challenge and would like to thank Intermountain Heart for sponsoring it. As corny as it sounds, it has been a life changing experience. The task of establishing a balance between my marriage/being a mom/working out/working/nurturing friendships is a hard task. Some of these areas have suffered during the past 90 days but that is part of determining what is the right balance for me.

1 comment:

Gena said...

I want you to know that you have been an inspiration to me throughout this challenge. I have appreciated your friendship and comforting words also.
You look fabulous! Way to go.