Monday, June 22, 2009

Week 4

Here I am at the beginning of week 4 and although I am having success and can see and feel changes in my body, I am feeling pretty down today. I had a great weekend and maybe it's just the downer of being back at my desk when there are a hundred things I want to do at home! Or maybe it's that I never see my family because by the time my husband gets home around 6:15 and we have dinner, put our son to bed, I'm off to work out and then it's time for bed so we can get up and do it all again! I don't know...maybe it's just the rain!!

I have my meals planned for this week and feel good about that. The exercise is a different story, though. I feel like I am doing really well with my exercise, I have worked out 6 days/week for all three weeks of this challenge, but I'm not exactly doing it the way my trainer says to. I'm going to strive for five days of cardio this week with at least 2 interval days. I explained to my trainer that I prefer to work out at home or at my friends house who has a gym set up in her garage. So, she (trainer) suggested I get a stability ball and some 10 lb weights and showed me how to do all of my weight exercises on the ball. I got those things this weekend and am going to use them tonight, along with a cardio workout.

3 comments:

Monica said...

Brooke, it sounds like you've planned an exercise routine that works for you. Great job on doing it 6 days/week! That will benefit you long-term even after the 100 day challenge.
This is the start of a new week so jot down the things you've done that make you proud. I'd say you've accomplished a lot in just 21 days. Stay positive and if I can help you with anything, let me know.
You can do it!

Becky said...

Brooke - I couldn't agree more with you on the whole time thing. It feels like there are so many things I am NOT doing so that I can do my exercise and spending time with my family is one of them. I have tried to encourage my family to come to the gym with me but that doesn't always work out. That's awesome that you have done six days a week!

Penny said...

Meal Plans!! You are my hero! That is where I have a realy hard time. Trying to plan and have the groceries needed to stick to it. Way to Go! I need to get the excersice ball too. I have friends who have had a lot of good success with they. There is a secretary her at AF who uses one for her chair. She sits on it all day!