Monday, June 29, 2009

Week 5

Happy Monday! Here we are at the beginning of week 5!

This past week was crazy busy and I dont like that! Everybody has to run errands and such but last week was out of control! I'm looking forward to a much calmer week and only four days of work this week. My husband is also off on Friday and I am looking forward to spending time with him and our son that day and on the 4th!

I had a couple of challenges this weekend. My brother Joel, his fiance Julie and Julie's daughter Katie are here visiting from Houston. So, of course, we got together to eat! My dad's wife is an amazing cook and it's hard to not overeat when she cooks because everything is so good! But, I am happy and proud to report that I did very well, TWO nights in a row of getting together with them. The hardest part was on Saturday night, after we ate and then visited for a while, we went to get handmade milkshakes at the Wildflower Grill in Payson. Ooohhh...I wanted one so bad! But, I said no and instead appeased myself with a VERY LARGE Diet Coke (and a couple of bites of my son's milkshake!!).

This week is my Dad's birthday and I'd like to wish him a very happy birthday! He, his wife, her daughters and my brother, Julie and Katie are all going on a road trip starting today to Mt. Rushmore for my Dad's birthday. My Dad has always wanted to go to Mt. Rushmore for his birthday, since it's on July 4th, and see them shoot fireworks off of the President's heads, lol.

Probably the most exciting thing happening this week is that I am getting a bike on Friday! I'm so excited! I've been looking for one for a while and finally have found one that fits my needs/wants and price range...a hard combo to find. Here's a link:

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/women/2298/32104/

It says it comes with a Giant seat, but I'm just going to tell myself that is because that's the brand, not anything to do with my rear end!

Hope everybody has a great week!

2 comments:

Monica said...

Congrats on the new purchase. I hope you love the bike and enjoy mile after mile of riding. I haven't owned a bike for years and sometimes feel I'm missing a lot of great scenery. You're going to love it!

Great will-power last week...you should be proud of yourself.

Michelle said...

How fun! A bikE. My oldest son left his bike when he moved out and it has been sitting in our shed. I have the new tubes to put in the tires but I need to get a GIANT seat. I can't stand those thong seats.

Congrats on your eating choices last week. I do really good if I can just take a few bites of someone elses then I get to taste it and still feel good because I choose not to add all those calories for my body to turn to fat!